Home  |  Member's Login   |  Contact Us  |  Site Map

< Previous Next >

Medal of Honor

Medal of Honor

is awarded for outstanding service to horticulture. 

History: The medal was designed in 1920 by sculptor John Flanagan who also desigened the U.S. quarter dollar coin, first issued in 1932. the Medal of Honor was endowed in 1963 by the Bdeford (New York) Garden Club in memory of their member, Mrs. Arthur Marvin Anderson. 

Previous winners include Henry Francis DuPont (1956), Judith D. Zuk (2000), and P. Allen Smith (2006).
Eligibility: GCA club members or non-members
Selection: The decision of the awards committee must be approved by the executive committee and confirmed by the board of directors.
Presentation: May be given annually

See Winners

©2014 The Garden Club of America. All Rights Reserved.
Corporate Office
14 East 60th St, 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10022
Phone: 212.753.8287 • Fax: 212.753.0134
gca@gcamerica.org